2022-23 Part-time Energy Efficiency Community Outreach Coordinator
- Must have comfort speaking with strangers – both in a cold-calling and public speaking setting – in government, small businesses, and the public to engage them to assist saving money through reduced energy costs.
- Need to be, or quickly become familiar with the benefits of, and options for energy efficiency monitoring and upgrades within West Virginia, as well as become acquainted with our allies at Ohio River Valley Institute, WV Solar United Neighbors, WV Office of Energy, WV Community Development HUB, and WV Sierra Club.
- Plus: Some familiarity with recent Public Service Commission decisions re: electric rate increases, and coal fired power plant issues.
- This is a 20-30 hour per week independent contractor position; Time period of employment: Remainder of 2022, into 2023, pending funding - which we anticipate receiving soon. We hope to make this a permanent full-time position by end of 2023.
- Priority tasks will include 5-10 calls per week to community leaders in Ohio River Valley counties located from Parkersburg – Wheeling, WV, working with other EEWV and allied representatives to make plans for community meetings, attendance at some or all community meetings, and follow up phone calls after meetings. Maintenance of a spreadsheet of contacts and work log are a must.
- Must have reliable vehicle, internet and cell service, and be willing to travel as needed within the mid and upper Ohio River Valley communities.
- Existing ties to community organizations in the Parkersburg-Wheeling (Mid/Upper Ohio Valley) area is a plus. Residence in this area also a plus.
- Compensation: $20 per hour, up to 30 hours per week; work log required. Mileage and travel expenses will be reimbursed when attending individual, community or municipal meetings. Use of standard reimbursement form and receipt submission for travel or event related purchases expected.
The position is open until filled; Please send letter of interest, three or more references, and job qualifications to: email@example.com